Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"A soccor Phenom Puts the "I" in Team"

What she can do with a soccer ball absolutely blows my mind. I was fascinated just watching her for ten seconds! I think its awesome that shes so devoted to soccer and being the best she can be. It takes a lot of time and effort for someone to do that, and I find it cool that shes following her dreams and giving up her teenager lifestyle to practice soccer freestyle. The article mentioned something I found interesting. It said she wasn't on the girls team at her school because she thought she would get better practicing with boys. I think this is kind of weird, just because if you love soccer you should participate with your school. Yes, boys are good at soccer too, but she isn't a boy. When she plays for college she will be playing with girls, so she should practice with girls to get used to it. Boy's sports and girl's sports are obviously very different, which is why I think she should play with the girls. Thats just my opinion though. Even though I disagree with her decisions to do with playing with the team, I commend her for believing in herself and following her dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment